SELF EXCLUDE FROM CASINOS
SENSE SELF EXCLUSION
SENSE is the voluntary Self-Enrolment National Self-Exclusion scheme, launched in 2015 by the National Casino Forum. Since 2020 SENSE is operated by the Betting & Gaming Council.
SENSE self exclusion programme is available for anyone who may be experiencing gambling problems to enrol in a scheme to exclude themselves nationally from all land-based casinos in Great Britain licensed by the Gambling Commission.
SENSE SELF EXCLUSION FOR PROBLEM GAMBLING
HOW TO ENROL
- Register in person at any licensed land-based casino in England, Scotland and Wales. A list of participating casinos in SENSE programme can be found below.
- Request by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to enrol on SENSE by visiting a casino, an application can be made by email.
Please complete the enrolment form, date and sign both sides and email the following to email@example.com:
- self exclusion request
- enrolment application form
- your photo and evidence of your ID to SENSE Administration*
* To ensure compliance with data protection, SENSE requires evidence of who you are. Please include in your email enrolment your recent photo, a photocopy of your driving licence or passport and proof of your current home address e.g. copy of a recent utility bill.
Upon receipt, SENSE admin will register your self exclusion and send you confirmation.
SENSE SELF EXCLUSION
Once a person has enrolled on SENSE programme the self exclusion agreement will stay in place unless the person makes a formal request for their self exclusion to be lifted.
Self exclusion cannot be lifted before the end of the agreed self exclusion term, the minimum SENSE self exclusion term is six months.
SENSE voluntary self exclusion can be renewed or extended upon request.
0203 409 2047
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
FURTHER SUPPORT FOR PROBLEM GAMBLING
The National Gambling Helpline provides confidential information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling problems in England, Scotland and Wales.
You can speak with Advisers one-to-one over the phone or via live chat every day of the year, 24 hours a day.
They will be able to listen to what’s going on for you, and can talk you through all of the options available to you for support in your local area, online or over the phone.
- Call Freephone: 0808 8020 133
- Visit GamCare website for live chat >
OTHER SELF EXCLUSION SCHEMES
MOSES, the multi operator self-exclusion scheme allows customers to exclude from as many betting shops as they need to. Visit MOSES >
GAMSTOP allows customers to stop using gambling websites and apps run by companies licenses in Great Britain. Visit GAMSTOP >
BACTA operates a scheme that allows a customer who wishes to self-exclude from Adult Gaming Centres (AGCs) to do so easily by visiting just one AGC or by phoning one of them. Visit BACTA Self Exclusion Scheme >
BISES: the bingo industry offers a voluntary scheme that enables customers to request exclusion from land-based licensed bingo premises across Great Britain. Visit BISES >