Our number one priority remains to raise standards and drive big changes.
A world class betting and gaming industry
To champion the betting and gaming industry and set world class standards to ensure an enjoyable, fair and safe betting and gaming experience for all our customers.
To provide a forum to facilitate collaboration, sharing of best practice, drive and champion standards, and create a single voice for the industry.
- Customer first.
A safe and enjoyable customer experience is at the heart of all we do
- Trust and transparency.
We will always act with integrity and transparency
- Collaborative and constructive.
We will always work positively with all stakeholders in our industry
Safeguard and empower the customer as the key to a thriving UK betting and gaming industry
- Constructively engage and collaborate with all stakeholders looking to improve standards in our sector.
- Protect and empower our customers with the right controls.
- Educate and inform our customers and the wider public about gambling.
- Review and improve the standard of advertising and marketing in our sector.
Create a culture of safer gambling throughout the betting and gaming sector, with particular focus on young people and those who are vulnerable
- Ensure that safer gambling principles are at the heart of all businesses in our sector.
- Prevent underage gambling and protect young people.
- Increase support for treatment of gambling harm.
- Understand the lived experience and spread a culture of safer gambling across the entire business.
- Maintain the highest standards of staff training across the sector.
Become respected as valuable, responsible and engaged members of the communities in which we operate
- Engage in activities that support High streets and local communities
- Identify & communicate the economic & social contribution of the sector
- Develop & promote programmes to reduce environmental impact
- Promote diversity & inclusivity
- Work with sports and other bodies to promote safer gambling and sports sponsorship
- Work with gaming & hospitality trade associations to promote areas of common interest
Ensure future changes to the regulatory regime are considered, proportionate and balanced
- Maintain a sustainable betting and gaming sector
- Ensure consumers are not encouraged to gamble on unregulated markets
- Support effective regulation across the betting and gaming sector
- Engage with policymakers and representatives at national & local level
If we expect our members to be world class, then we must be too.
OUR STRATEGY IN ACTION
Engaging in activities that support local communities.
In 2020, we worked with our members to raise £2.9m for NHS Charities Together from the virtual Grand National.
The Betting and Gaming Council organised betting on the virtual race after the real Aintree showpiece fell victim to the ban on live ‘sporting events due to Covid-19.
The initiative had the backing of our members including bet365, William Hill, Flutter Entertainment, Sky Bet, GVC, BetFred, Betway, BetVictor, JenningsBet and Inspired Entertainment.
The unique event, named ‘Standout charitable effort of the year’ at the prestigious EGR Operator Awards, demonstrates our wholesale commitment to find creative and innovative ways to support the communities in which we operate.