The Betting and Gaming Council (BGC) is the single industry association for betting and gaming, representing betting shops, online gaming businesses and casinos.
The BGC will represents approximately 90 percent of the UK betting and gaming industry (excluding lotteries) – an industry that employs over 100,000 people and contributes more than £14 billion to the UK economy.
Our mission is to champion industry standards in betting and gaming to ensure an enjoyable, fair and safe betting and gaming experience for all our customers.
The BGC will set the highest industry standards. It will raise standards and build public and institutional trust in the industry through its code of conduct and codes of practice designed to ensure enjoyable, fair and safe betting and gaming.
Find Out More
- Betting and gaming has played an important part in the social lives of millions of people in the UK for many years.
- 46% of the population gamble at least once per month and the vast majority do so safely.
- Our industry employs over 102,000 people,including 50,000 in betting, 13,000 in casinos and 10,000 people directly employed online.
- It contributes £3.2 billion to HM Treasury.
- In retail betting 56% of the workforce are women and 24% are aged under 24. In casinos 42% of the workforce are women and 40% of senior management are women.
Find Out More
The Betting and Gaming Council is run by our Executive Committee, membership of which is elected at the Annual General Meeting.
Brigid Simmonds OBE assumed the role of Chair of the BGC after a 10-year tenure as Chief Executive of the British Beer and Pub Association.
Brigid is a former trustee of GambleAware and is a past winner of both the Women’s Achievements in Travel, Tourism and Hospitality and Leisure Report Industry Individual of the Year awards.
Brigid is committed to the BGC’s mission of championing a betting and gaming industry of the highest standards.
Chair of the BGC